Protos Max V2 Leggero + BrainV2 – Neon yellow
The Protos Max V2 Leggero leverages the industries most robust and technologically advanced platform, but removes a staggering 350g from the Max V2 design. The end result is an unmatched experience in light weight performance yet incredible strength. The Max V2 Leggero is ready to elevate your hobby to new heights of performance and fun.
Utilizing new composite materials, many components of the Max V2 Leggero have been updated to remove weight and elevate performance. With the updated design it’s now possible to build a world class 700 machine with unparalleled robustness below 5.45Kg. Yet the Max V2L retains the strength to support 770 and 800 configurations. The legendary twin belt design carries incredible power, while removing the noise, high maintenance, and vibration caused by traditional designs.
- Updated super lightweight bottom frame (changed from Ultralight)
- Lightweight “Gorilla” landing gear included. Gorilla gear take abuse, and are nearly indestructible
- Lightweight battery tray
- Lightweight main gear
- Lightweight front tail pulley
- Main shaft modified for reduced weight
- Lightweight aluminum motor pulley
- Lightweight canopy mounts with pre-installed gromets
- Configurable as a 700, 770, or 800. 770 or 800 options require inexpensive conversion kits
- Innovative gear-less twin belt design. Ultra robust. Ultra quiet. Ultra efficient.
- Tail belt auto tensioner using a full spring implementation for extreme durability and consistency.
- Large rear tail pulley to dramatically improve tail authority and belt life
- Compact all metal head design with integrated pitch reference. Capable of handling extreme loads in an 700/770/800 configuration.
- Ultimate tail holding power and ease of tuning with a 4.8 ratio and mechanics to handle 115mm tail blades at high RPM
- Brain2 Flybarless System included. Ground breaking performance, tuned by some of the most technically minded pilots in the world. Ultra simple wizard for setup.Full telemetry, logging and rescue capability.
- Includes matching tail fin sticker
Recommended light weight competition ready configuration:
- Motor: Xnova 4525-530 (use included 20T aluminum pinion)
- ESC: Hobbywing 130A with integrated BEC
- Servos: BK7000 or 8000 series Cyclic and Tail
- Batteries: 5000 mah
- Blades: 695mm to 715mm
- Tail blades: 115mm
Approximate RTF weight: 5.4kg
|Frame||Support frame made in 2.5mm carbon fiber and aluminum.
Bottom frame made in one-piece super light weight composite thermoplastic
|System transmission||Twin belt drive system. Motor belt is 15mm wide gates. Tail belt is 6mm gates|
|Usable main blades||700 setup: 726mm max (115mm tail blades)
770 setup: 786mm max (115mm tail blades)
800 setup: 830mm (115mm tail blades)
|Battery Options||LiPo from 10s to 14s 4000/5800mAh|
|Battery compartment dimensions||70mmx60mmx360mm|
|Suggested battery||Lipo 12s 5000mAh|
|Main rotor diameter||1577mm (with 700mm blades)
1717mm (with 770mm blades)
1777mm (with 800mm blades)
|Tail rotor diameter||306mm (with 115mm tail blades)|
|Total length without blades||1372mm|
|Total length with blades||1758mm (with 700mm blades)
1828mm (with 770mm blades)
1858mm (with 800mm blades)
|Main shaft diameter||12mm hollow|
|Tail shaft diameter||6mm|
|Swashplate servos||3x standard servos
(to use the precision clutch style servo horns provided inside the kit it is necessary that servo shaft is compatible with Xpert, Futaba, MKS or Savox)
JR compatible servo hubs available as an upgrade part
|Tail servo||1x standard size servo|
|Maximum dimension of main blade root||14mm M5 screw|
|Maximum dimension of tail blade root||5mm M3 screw|
|Teeth pinion||20T aluminum servo included (18T, 19T, 21T, 22T, 23T optional). Supports 6mm and 8mm motor shafts.|
|Main pulley teeth||190T|
|Tail boom diameter||27mm|
Required for assembly:
- 3 full size swash servos, 1 full size tail servo
- Main rotor blades (690 – 726mm)
- Tail blades (105 – 115mm. 115mm preferred for aggressive flight or low headspeeds)
- 700 class Motor (480-540kV 12s), 14s optional. Supports both 6mm and 8mm shaft diameter
- 12s LiPo (5000mah typical). 14s LiPo (4400mah typical)
- BEC (preferred). Or RX LiPo.
- ESC (120A – 200A, 12s to 14s. Depending on the power system chosen and flight style)